.none

Why is it fair
That two people share
So much hurt
In two different beds
Alone and longing
On the opposite sides of town
With nothing but a picture
And voice in our heads
Congruently pain-stricken
Existing on two separate planes
I was A and you were B
Together maybe we could C the sun instead of the rain
You were my cold chills
On the warmest of nights
I was your darkness
In a room full of light
Why is it so hard
For us to change our surroundings
Like an Alaskan winter
We blend beautifully in a different setting
I’m not there
And you’re not here
My loneliness and broken knuckles
Wish they could run through your hair
You claim your name’s generic
And I feel like mine is old
If only time were on our side
Our names could disperse this cold
To freeze time in motion
To lay with you forever
To embrace the happiness
You made me feel
I’d sell my place in heaven
Who needs eternity
When we have this
Convergence preserved
In mind and heart
If only the pain surrounding our being
Were easily broken apart
Maybe we’d never sleep separated
For the connection we’d string
Would be so magnetic
We could draw down the moon
So as to never again
Feel it necessary to embrace
This lonely state of the dark
And finally fill these empty rooms.

Comments

Popular Posts